Thursday, December 9, 2010

Top Albums Of 2010

We wouldn't have fashion, music, film, or videos without the other. So, since 2010 is quickly drawing to an end, I've compiled lists of my favorite things. I'm saying it now, I don't listen to, watch, pay attention to everything. I try to do my best though, so I hope you enjoy the artists who inspire me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
10. Inception, Inception OST - The best soundtrack to a movie this year (aside from Burlesque). I can recall the scenes perfectly with each listen.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
9. Katy Perry, Teenage Dream – Pop fun with sugar on top. The summer playlist girls of every age live for. I know I did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
8. Jenny and Johnny, I’m Having Fun Now – I love everything Jenny Lewis does including this team up with her boy toy Johnathan Rice. It’s like listening to a couple’s conversations and fights. With instruments.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
7. My Chemical Romance, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys – Jersey pride with this one. My Chem keep coming up with albums that are more like soundtracks waiting for movies to be made to them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
6. Laura Marling, I Speak Because I Can – Laura is my age and seemingly puts all my thoughts and emotions into her lyrics to the point where my heart aches.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5. The Pretty Reckless, Light Me Up – Say what you will about Taylor Momsen, but this album is full of rock gems from the dirty mind of a teenage girl. So wrong, it's absolutely right.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
4. Miley Cyrus, Can’t Be Tamed ­– Whenever I don’t want to think about anything aside from booty popping and whipping my hair, I put this on. That’s a compliment, Miley.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
3. Robyn, Body Talk Trilogy – Released in three parts, Robyn put out the best collection of pop songs this year. From dealing with break ups, new love, friendship, and fake bitches, Body Talk has it all. It also features a sick song with Snoop Dogg.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2. The Dead Weather, Sea of Cowards - Alison Mosshart, marry me. Best rock album of the year. The follow up to Horehound flows better and has more teeth in its bite.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
1. Kanye West , My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy – The topper of every Best Of list this year. Yeezy spills his guts and tears himself down, yet forever remains better than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment